As a parent, one of the most precious things is your little one's smile! Giving them the tools and skills to take care of their teeth sets them up for a lifetime of healthy teeth and smiles.
Tips for At-Home Oral Care for Kids
Here are a few tips from your children's dentist in Barrie for helping them build good brushing and flossing skills at home:
- Lead by example. Let them see you brushing and flossing your own teeth.
- Get them involved. Allow them to choose their own fun toothbrush and their favourite toothpaste flavours.
- Use a timer for older children. When your son or daughter begins brushing on their own, use a timer to make sure they complete the full recommended time of two minutes.
- Offer fun rewards for good oral hygiene. Motivate your little one with simple rewards for good brushing and flossing habits.
- Make visiting the dentist a positive experience. Talk positively about visiting the dentist so your child will look forward to their dental appointments.
Schedule an Appointment in Barrie Today
At Park Place Dental, we're your partners in healthy smiles for kids. Children should visit their dentist every six months for routine teeth cleanings and checkups. Use this time to ask your questions about home care or your son or daughter's oral health.
We look forward to providing your family with excellent children's dentistry in Barrie for many years to come! Contact our office if you have any questions or to schedule your child's next dental check-up.